Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taste Testing

This preschool activity idea was Tasha's. I selected 5 foods to represent 5 different aspects of the sense of taste for Maggie. Then I wrote the 5 tastes on a slip of paper and read them to her. Then we tried everything and labeled them!
Potato (spicy)
Cocoa (bitter)
Mango (sweet)
Cracker (salty)
Lime (sour)
Both the kids went right for the cocoa, but in the end, it was the only thing left in the muffin tin. She even ate the lime wedge!
This was a fun activity for discovering the sense of taste.


Linked at:

3 comments:

Lisa {grey luster girl} said...

What a super fun idea! I have my degree in food science and so this is right up my alley :).

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Especially that you are giving the kids the labels to match up with each item they are trying. That is awesome! Hmmmm.... I may just add this to this week's features for my link party kick off. You'll have to drop by and see :)

Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday Link Party! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and join us for another week sharing great ideas for our kids!!

Thanks for stopping by!
:)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Training taste is such an important part of learning that often goes unchartered in schools and home...

Great idea!


If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!