I think this one turned out better. I used the same tutorial as before, but I made a pattern this time. I also did a lining (this fabric is somewhat sheer), and put 2" wide elastic in the band instead of relying on the knit fabric. Not hemmed yet, as we don't have a full-length mirror and John isn't home.
Here is the pattern I used, cut on the fold. For the front, I added an inch along the diagonal line.
Here is a closer view of the pattern on the fabric. It's a darker red in real life. It is crepe, which means it shreds terribly - but not as bad as the lining. I have several more yards of this fabric (and the lining) so you will likely see another dress for Rachel someday.