Saturday, September 5, 2009

More Awesome Dinosaurs

I made a pair of cloth baby shoes using the Stardust Shoes pattern. I used scrap fabric, and stuff I already had, so it only cost me 19 cents for 1/2 yard of elastic and a little bit of interfacing, maybe 50 cents worth, to make them. Not bad considering Robeez and Pediped are around $30!The dinosaur fabric is scraps from a pair of boxers I made Leonard, and I used muslin scraps for the lining. To make the sole I basted together a layer of yellow fleece and a layer of brown felt, both of which I already had.This is one of the most well-made things I've ever sewn, having my iron handy, and following an actual pattern (one made by someone else). It wasn't difficult at all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why haven't you started an Etsy shop yet selling baby items at a discounted price? You would certainly get my business!!

Sarah said...

Oh, those are adorable! How hard were they, on a scale of 1-10? (1 being my comfort level) :)

Susie Chadwick said...

1. Because it's not worth my time to make baby stuff for other people, and my stuff really isn't that high quality up close. And I'm lazy. Have another baby (haha) and I'll make you a pair!

2. 1 being straight lines and 10 being prom dress, they were about a 3. The only hard part is sewing through so many layers, and you have to adjust the top as you sew it to the sole because they're not the same shape.

Liz said...

These are great! I'd love to make some for my little man.