I wanted something besides the Baby Bjorn to carry Dalton around with in India. I was going to buy a sling when I found a pattern for one online. So, of course I made one instead! I spent $6 on fabric, and it is really quick to make if you understand the directions and have good measurements. I actually like the way it fits with Maggie better, but maybe that's because she isn't trying to dive out of it.
I basically folded my 44" fabric in fourths, sewed the curved seam at 26" (that was my measurement). That's it! Seriously, it's very easy, once you can figure out the instructions. I didn't need to do any hemming, because I sewed the fabric into a tube before hand.