Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Homemade Q*Bert Costume

This is pretty much the first Q*Bert costume on the internet. There's one other. It's terrible. Don't google it.

Q*bert costume


We came up with the idea for the baby to wear a Q*bert costume because we are doing a Wreck-it Ralph theme for Halloween and Q*Bert is small. I crocheted a baby size hat in orange yarn, then made the eyes and sewed them on. I made the nose by crocheting a tube. As you can imagine, Sienna (10 months) hates it.  Don't worry, I crocheted a strap under the chin and sewed a button to attach to it to keep it on. For a while.

  • Baby hat crochet pattern (including ear flaps)
  • Oval crochet pattern
  • Nose: I did a chain of about 20, joined, then crocheted in rounds until it looked long enough.
  • Strap: Chain 17, DC in 2nd chain from the hook back across. Then I sl st to the hat.


Q*bert costume



Q*bert costume

I really wanted to find an orange onesie and embroider some @$%&%$ on the back, but I haven't been able to find anything orange, if you can believe it.  People aren't going to "get" the Q*bert costume as it is, so maybe I'm better off anyway.

Q*bert costume

No comments: