Monday, October 8, 2012

Big Purse/Mini Diaper Bag

I've wanted a bigger purse for a while now, something that holds a water bottle in addition to everything else, basically.  Of course, I had to make one, because I couldn't find one. I ordered the dandelion fabric from fabric.com after thinking it over for a month.  It's canvas, and I used heavy interfacing as well. I found the butter yellow polka dots at Jo-ann for the lining - just what I was looking for!  I used this basic sling bag tutorial, but I didn't measure. I just made a pattern from newspaper that looked about the size I was looking for. I also added topstitching, which I don't think was mentioned in the tutorial.

I. Love. It.  It'll be perfect for times I don't want to haul a diaper bag around, but of course, still need to bring diapers. Because soon I will have a kid in diapers again.


Here's the inside!  I used a magnetic snap for the first time, and made a pocket to fit the iphone I don't have yet.


Maggie took this lovely picture of me modeling my new purse (and my baby belly - this is 34.5 weeks).


No comments: