Another thing that didn't get made last year was a skirt for our tree. This is the fabric I picked out for our stockings before John pointed out we don't have anywhere to hang stockings so they don't have to match our tree. We bought 48" of 44" fabric. I folded it into fourths and trimmed the corners so it's an oval shape. We decided oval was better than a 4" smaller circle, or piecing it. Our tree is not very wide so it looks fine. I trimmed about 2.5 inches off the inside corner of the fourths to make the center hole, then cut straight down to the back. I did a rolled hem around the entire thing and sewed on the trim (it took almost 5 yards). Then I sewed 4 1" squares of velcro on for the closure. I have just enough trim left to do the center circle, but I kind of want to use it on my stocking.