Friday, May 3, 2013

Home Preschool: Circus Theme

These circus-themed preschool activities were done over the course of several weeks. But at least we did them.

I cut out a tent and a flag for Dalton, and he added some animal stickers and white stripes to the tend. He wanted the flag glued in the doorway.  Yes, the only animal stickers we had were dinosaurs and arctic animals. 

The kids decorated popcorn bags and had homemade popcorn while watching a movie.


And I made delicious homemade pretzels.


Dalton and I decorated clown ties with paint. I love how his turned out.


Here's the set-up. We moved the table over so Sienna could lie on the living room floor.


The kids wore the circus clown ties while we read If I Ran the Circus by Dr. Seuss.  I love that Maggie is unknowingly holding the book upside down.

We had a circus parade.  We got decked out. Sienna was the drum major with the light-up baton.  The kids took turns with the drum and the magic wand.


I made up a song that went
Here comes the circus
Here comes the circus
Here comes the circus parade
repeat.

Then we inserted animals/circus things for the first two "circus"es.

And we marched around the house about 30 times.


No comments: