Friday, September 30, 2011

Dinosaur Footprints Painting

I've wanted to do car painting for a long time, but I guess I'm just not willing to get paint on our toy cars. So, when we finally did this activity this week, we decided to go with a toy we have plenty of, and don't mind getting messy: dinosaurs.

I put a blob of each paint color on a paper plate, while Maggie collected a handful of toy dinosaurs.
Then, she dipped each one in paint, and printed dinosaur tracks all over her papers.

I gave her a whole stack of papers, and she completely covered three of them. I also gave her a little dish of water and a rag to clean her dinosaurs with, if she wanted to use them for a new color.
She also wanted to try tracing the dinosaur feet, but they don't have very distinct feet, and they're tiny. So, she ended up drawing some instead. These footprints were made by a Trexasaurus.

Shared at Link & Learn.

No comments: