My purse has started to unravel a bit at one seam. As I thought about fixing or replacing it, I remembered that I didn't really use a purse when Maggie was a baby because of having to haul a diaper bag everywhere. So instead, I made a little zippered pouch with a cell phone pocket.
I got the fabric in the remnant bin for about 60% off, and it even coordinates with my diaper bag. The lining is the same muslin scraps I've been using for everything lately.
I made the strap from a 1x10" strip, ironed into fourths with the ends inside so I wouldn't have to turn a tube.
The cell phone pocket is what I love about the purse I made. I made this pocket the same way, by sewing together rectangles of the lining and outer fabrics on three sides, then turning it right side out, tucking the top in, and top stitching the top. Then I topstitched the three sides to the lining before sewing it together.