Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Homemade Halloween: Aladdin Family Costumes

We saved our Aladdin theme for this year when we could go to the Disney party again.  John: Genie, Me: Jasmine, Maggie: Magic Carpet, Dalton: Aladdin, Sienna: Rajah, Arthur: Abu

I crocheted all the hats of course.  This is the closest we've come to all six of us having a crocheted hat.


Nearly everything else is from Amazon.

Genie: ostrich feathers on ribbon, rolled up for the boop.  Crocheted wrist bands.
Jasmine: borrowed the necklace, earrings are from Walmart.
Magic Carpet: Used iron on adhesive (Heat n Bond) to add felt shapes to a pair of sweats.  Made tassels out of yarn.  Also, the hat isn't quite my usual pattern.  I did back loops only, and did it in a spiral shape, instead of chaining up each round, to make it look like coiled rope.
Aladdin and Abu vests are loosely traced from Simplicity 1509. The Aladdin pants were what I agonized most over.  In the end, they took about a half hour to make. Once I got brave enough to just cut what I thought would work, and add some elastic.
Rajah: Fabric painted the stripes on, and used Heat n Bond to add the white belly.
Rajah and Abu tails: I cut out a tail shape, sewed it into a tube, stuffed it with fluff and a piece of wire hanger, and sewed it to an elastic waistband.





 

No comments: