Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Family Hike: Ghost Falls

I'm not sure how this family hike came about, but it was lots of fun! Brook, Erin, Ember, Jamie and Mary met us at the Coyote Hollow trailhead behind the Draper Temple and we hiked to Ghost Falls. Oh, and Jetta!  There's not much shade on the actual hike, though we found the falls shady.  Probably not a good hike for summertime. It's 1.3 miles each way.  Moderate incline the first 3/4 of the hike, then a bit steep at the end.  I think Maggie walked nearly all of it on her own.  Dalton was carried a lot, since Uncle Brook was willing to have a turn.


I'm really looking forward to having such awesome helpers at Yosemite in June! The kids love their big cousins.



Love this picture of my boys. I think we decided the red branches are dogwood?



Silliness.  Dalton is drumming on my head.



Studmuffin and the Draper Temple.



Dalton got a couple shoulder rides.

Oddly enough, though we saw no wildlife on the actual hike, we saw a deer right on the side of the road driving out.

No comments: