Friday, November 4, 2022

Toy Story Halloween Costumes

Toy Story! Loved our costumes this year.
John: Buzz Lightyear
Susie: Jessie
Maggie: Rex
Dalton: Hamm
Sienna: Barbie
Arthur: Slinky Dog

Crocheted hats as usual. Except for Barbie, who was all set with her blond.

And Jessie, who dyed her hair.


Buzz Lightyear:
I did iron on with felt for the shirt, and for the wings, which also had stiff stabilizer in the middle, and elastic straps.  John also had crocheted gloves.

Jessie: Felt ironed onto an old t shirt, and hand embroidered red swirls.  I sewed the cow fabric onto an old pair of jeans, and added big felt tabs to the side of the chaps.

Rex:  The tail was made the same way as the dinosaur tail I made Maggie when they were 3. The hardest part of this costume was finding a green shirt in the right color.

Hamm: I tacked the brown felt circle on the front, and a black rectangle on the back, so I could snip them off and he could wear the shirt normally after Halloween. 

Barbie:  Sienna's leotard and leggings were ordered from Amazon.  We added a pink fold-over-elastic belt, and pink lipstick.

Slinky Dog: Once again, Arthur is wearing plain brown pajamas for his Halloween costume.  The slinky is foam tubing I ordered on Amazon.  I sewed it on each side.  It tended to rip where sewn through, and I had to do repairs between Halloween events, but we made it through the season.  He also had a foam tail with a felt oval sewn on the end, sewn into his pants for a tail.



 

No comments: